1) Download the KYC form from the following link
2) Enter all the details required in the KYC form.
3) Attach a copy of the PAN card and Passport.
4) Find the nearest Point of Service [PoS] which accept the KYC form and documents. You can get a list at the following link
5) Visit the PoS and submit the following
5.1) Original KYC Form with Photo and Signature
5.2) Original PAN + Passport
5.3) Copy of PAN + Passport self attested
6) Collect the Acknowledgement Slip from the PoS. This is how a KYC acknowledgement letter looks like
7) Now keep checking the following website
8) It may take one week to get the "DOCUMENT YET TO RECEIVE" status.
9) It may take one week to get the "PRESENT IN PROCESS" status.
10) It may take two more week to get the "PRESENT UNDER VERIFICATION" status.
11) Then one more week to get the VERIFIED status
12) Once you are KYC verified just inform the fundhouse like HDFC/Reliance via e-mail that you are KYC compliant. Now they will update your KYC status and will allow you to do transactions of mutual fund units as usual. Happy Investing.